Welcome to the Lifting Gear Direct news page
Hello and welcome to the Lifting Gear Direct News and Updates page! This page contains all of the latest news and updates from us here at Lifting Gear Direct, any blog posts from us, and the latest on what has been happening in the lifting gear industry.
If you are interested in the industry or want to keep up to date with any new products that are coming to the market or innovative new methods for lifting loads, then we are well placed to get this information first through our reliable contacts within the industry.
We are a rapidly growing company here at Lifting Gear Direct, and combined with our sister companies Rope Services Direct and Cranes Direct; there are always new updates from us and the team. While we can’t commit to how frequent the news and updates will be as much of it will depend on what is happening in the industry, we will post updates as regularly as we can.
We’ll aim to post news and updates here as often as possible
If you are looking for other bits of interesting information, advice on how to use your lifting gear or tips on what the best piece of equipment might be for you, we will be posting regular blog updates here too. We stock an extensive range of lifting gear and we understand that it may be difficult choosing between them all so we will build up our news and updates section to become a useful resource over time.
Getting in touch
If you are looking for a specific piece of information, be sure to check out our FAQ page here (link not live). If you prefer please do feel free to get in touch with us on 01384 76961 or through our contact form, and one of the team would be more than happy to help.
Image credits: Life of Pix
News & Updates
- From all of us here at Lifting Gear Direct, we would like to wish you, whether simply an avid reader of our blog or a loyal customer, a Merry Christmas 2017! Looking back at a great year It’s a been a great year for us here. As ever, it’s been a busy year, but we’ve found ourselves growing over the past few months. We’ve welcomed new clients and customers on board, helping with dozens of l...Read More
- When operating within the lifting gear industry, it is commonplace that workers will need to be operating at height. Lifting equipment, which often finds itself in industries such as construction, engineering or shipbuilding, can involve use on extremely tall structures. But, workers may also be operating at much smaller heights too, but enough of a distance to cause harm should something go wrong...Read More
- We have an extensive blog section here on the Lifting Gear Direct website, where we have detailed plenty of articles on the industry and the various equipment involved, including hoisting equipment. The majority of these articles take the form of written content, allowing us to share our expert opinions and advice with you. Today we want to do something a little bit different, and instead share 10...Read More
- Crane gantry systems, also known as mobile gantries, mobile lifting gantries or A-frame gantries, are extremely useful pieces of lifting and lowering equipment used in many environments. Here at Lifting Gear Direct, we stock various different gantry systems, and are here to help in making sure you buy the right crane for your lifting and lowering needs. What is a crane gantry system? A crane gantr...Read More
- Working at height is an extremely common everyday occurrence in many businesses and operations around the UK. It can mean working at great heights, many stories above the ground, or it can also mean working at much smaller distances. Regardless of the height at which you are working, safety remains a priority. You want to rest easy knowing that the equipment that you are using will keep you fully ...Read More
- Industrial drums have an extensive use within industrial environments, and are often heavy pieces of cargo. Often made from steel, they are primarily used for both the transportation and storage of liquid or powders, including oils, fuels, chemicals and other hazardous solutions. As a result, there are various precautions that must be undertaken when handling drums within the industrial sphere. Pl...Read More
- This article explains exactly what manual chain blocks and hoists are, and the huge range of benefits which make them so widely used within the industrial sphere today. Please read on below to find out more! What are manual chain hoists? Often made from durable, high-grade steel, manual chain hoists are pieces of portable lifting equipment operated by hand. They are very adaptable within workplace...Read More
- Lifting gear equipment has become one of the most useful types of equipment around the world, and serves us in more ways than we may think! However, it has a side that you must watch out for too! The good of lifting gear equipment As we said, this equipment has found uses all around the globe. It is used in dozens of industries for a whole range of applications. Thanks to lifting gear equipment, w...Read More
- Forklifts are popular pieces of material handling equipment often found on many worksites around the world. Ideal for lifting and moving heavy weights, they take a great deal of strain and pressure off of individual workers. While we don’t manufacture or stock forklifts ourselves, there are a number of ways that the efficiency and productivity of this gear can be improved through forklift attach...Read More