Manufactured in accordance to the ATEX directive this ratchet lever hoist can be used in zone 1 & 2 gas hazards and zone 21 & 22 dust hazardous environments; the ATEX marking will show Ex II 2 GD c T4 IIIC T135◦C. A category II – high safety certification, this code can be broken down and explained as follows;
The first part indicates the code, the second part explains this code and the last part tells you what level this hoist has.
· Ex II - The equipment group = surface industries
· 2 - The category = High Safety
· GD – The explosive atmosphere = Gas & Dust
· C – The protection type = design safety
· IIC – The gas explosion group = protected for group IIC including groups IIA & IIB
· T4 - The gas temperature class = Maximum external surface temperature of 135◦C
· IIIC – The groups of dust = protected for group IIIC including IIIA & IIIB
· T135◦C – Dust Temperature class = maximum external surface temperature of 135◦C
It is the responsibility of the user to determine the correct classification required.
The spark resistant lever hoist incorporates specially coated units, corrosion protected load chain, specific marine friction discs; stainless steel fixings; there is also brake chamber protection from external contamination.
A key feature of these ratchet lever hoists are the copper plated components including both the top suspension hook and the lower load hook. The load chain guide, grip rings and hand wheels are also copper plated. The main reason that copper plating is used is because copper will not produce a spark like other metals like steel will.
The Tiger spark proof ratchet lever hoist is available in lifting capacities up to 20 tonne, If you need other lifting capacities then check out our full range of ratchet lever hoists where you should find what you need.
Get in touch with the friendly team here at Lifting Gear Direct to discuss your requirements. 01384 76961 is the number to call. Alternatively you can contact us by filling out the form here.